We love Rose because it offers a host of beauty-enhancing benefits. This iconic flower specifically does beauty wonders on the skin. Rose essential oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties, making it ideal to topically treat a host of ailments including abrasions, burns and skin conditions.
Rose water is also known for its health and beauty benefits. Rose water gently treats acne, wrinkles, pores and other skin ailments. This fragrant flower also helps to rejuvenate and replenish skin.
7 Reasons why we love rose:
1. Antibacterial: Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
2. Anti-inflammatory: While we may think of roses for their iconic deep red colour, rose oils can actually help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema.
3. Antioxidants: Rose contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long. Some evidence even suggests that rose water can help prevent sunburn.
4. Moisturising: The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling.
5. Naturally fragrant: Many organic beauty products choose to include rose for its delicate aroma in lieu of artificial fragrances.
6. Relaxing: When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. In fact, rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm. While this characteristic doesn’t directly add beauty benefits, it sure makes that rose-scented lotion or cream an extra pleasant experience.
7. Toning: As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and restore suppleness for a glowy complexion. Unlike conventional alcohol-based toners, rose leaves skin feeling smooth, not dried out.
Shop our coconut & rose water hydrosol infused with dried rose buds here!